We all realize the importance of exercising and maintaining sporting activities as an essential part of our lives because of its high importance in maintaining physical and mental health. It is imperative to adhere to the practice of sporting activities of all kinds and at all levels, starting from activities that do not require much effort and time and ending with those that require a lot of time and effort to benefit from them and reap their benefits that relate to physical and mental health.
Many people suffer from a lack of commitment to exercise sports despite their strong desire to do so, and this is a natural thing that can be felt from time to time even by people who exercise sports a great deal or by people who consider sports activities a habit that cannot be dispensed with so we will show This article included the most important ways and methods by which to increase the ability to commit to sports activities.
However, a physician must be consulted before exercising, especially for people over forty years of age, who suffer from chronic diseases, people who are overweight, and people who have been out of exercise for a long time.
Benefits of doing sports
The following points represent the most important benefits that can be gained from exercising:
- Increasing the activity of the heart and protecting it from diseases. Sport contributes to strengthening the heart muscle and enhancing its function of blood flow to all parts of the body in addition to its role in protecting the person practicing sport from the risk of developing heart diseases that could threaten his life.
- Purification of blood vessels, the practice of daily activities contribute to the purification of the arteries and blood vessels of cholesterol and fats, which cause the accumulation of many serious diseases in addition to the role of exercises and sports activities in increasing the elasticity of the vessels, which reduces the risk of high blood pressure and heart and brain stroke.
- Increasing the capacity of the lungs, exercise helps increase the capacity of the lungs, which increases the amount of air entering and leaving it, which allows the entry of large quantities of oxygen and the exit of large quantities of carbon dioxide from the lungs, in addition to the role of exercise in preventing the decrease in the amount of oxygen produced with age.
- Reducing the level of sugar in the blood, exercise contributes to stimulating muscles to use sugar to produce energy, which prevents the accumulation in the body, and also contributes to protecting a person from diabetes. As the accumulation of sugar in large quantities in the body increases the risk of many diseases.
- Maintaining weight within its normal levels, exercise contributes to speeding up the process of burning calories, which prevents accumulation inside the body and causing weight gain.
- Bone strengthening, the bone density begins to decline in the twenties. While exercising regularly contributes to increasing bone density, which helps prevent people from developing osteoporosis.
- Preventing people from getting cancer , exercise helps protect people from the risk of colon, prostate, breast, and bladder cancer.
- Increase energy and reduce fatigue , exercise increases the level of energy and reduces fatigue and stress.
- Improving the psychological state and increasing calmness in the body, exercise contributes to stimulating the secretion of beta-endorphins, which contribute to enhancing mental health and improving mood.
Ways and methods to facilitate and adhere to exercise
By following and taking into account the following tips when choosing exercise, you can increase a person’s ability to adhere to daily activities:
- Choose the exercises to be practiced that suit the person regarding his physical and material capabilities, where it is advised that in the case of exercising in sports clubs choose the clubs near the home or work site to facilitate access to them.
- Setting logical and realistic goals that are appropriate to the nature of the person and his capabilities regarding the implementation of physical exercises.
- Focusing on matters that increase a person’s enthusiasm for exercising, the most important of which is thinking about how his external appearance has improved and his health and psychological level has improved.
- Focusing on the idea that weight loss is not required after exercising , because weight loss is not the only benefit of exercising, but rather there are several benefits that can be gained through exercising.
- Begin to increase the time lag in practicing sporting activities gradually, as it is possible to start by specifying about ten minutes of daily exercise for a certain period until the person is physically and physically accustomed to exercising and then increasing the time in proportion to the person’s physical ability and time.
- Be sure to exercise with a family member or friend to support the person and encourage him or her to commit to exercising.
- Try as much as possible to enjoy during exercise to facilitate the idea of adherence to it and become a daily habit.
- Writing down the task of doing sporting activities on a notebook, and writing down the time to start and finish practicing them, especially during the first weeks of starting sports activities to facilitate getting used to and practicing with passion.
- The use of motivational schedules through which it can be tracked whether there is a commitment to daily exercise or not.
- Taking the decision to start exercising quickly without thinking at length about the advantages and disadvantages of sports activities, because this reduces a person’s enthusiasm for exercising.
- Note the benefits that can be obtained because of a commitment to exercise.
- A person is advised to motivate and reward himself if he is committed to exercising sports activities and starting to achieve the goals he wants to achieve.
- Always make sure to renew the sports activities practiced by people to keep the passion and desire to practice sports activities and avoid getting bored.
- Ensure the renewal of goals that are desired to be obtained from another period, while making sure to diversify between easy and difficult ones.
- You can read a magazine or book, even make a phone call, or watch TV to facilitate exercise without getting bored.
- Trying to overcome each of the following situations that could hinder a person from engaging in sports activities:
- Illness, illness can cause failure to exercise sports, so it is advised that once a person feels better or even slightly, start light exercise that does not require much effort and time.
- Holidays and excursions, it is sometimes difficult to exercise during trips and vacations, but it is possible to take advantage of the facilities that exist within hotels such as swimming pools and sports clubs, or even be satisfied with practicing hiking to ensure that it is not interrupted.
- Long working hours, it is difficult for people who work long hours to exercise and in spite of this, it is possible to practice sports even if they are simply inside the office and can also include the descent and rise of stairs within the exercise. It is always recommended to reduce the hours a person sits, to increase the movement hours and to practice activities of all kinds.
- Bad weather, sports activities can be restricted to those that can be practiced indoors in bad weather.